- ACPA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). All components of the annual meeting must meet the requirements of these accrediting organizations. ACPA requires financial and non-financial relationships to be disclosed before each presentation. You must indicate the nature of the relationship (i.e. financial or non-financial) and then the relationship. You must also disclose if you have no relevant relationships. Examples are available here: http://meeting.acpa-cpf.org/disclosure-examples.html. For all oral presenters, these should be listed on the second slide and displayed before the presentation begins. For poster presenters, these should be easily visible.
- Faculty Disclosure Statements: It is the policy of ACPA to ensure its programs are fair, balanced, independent, objective, and scientifically rigorous. In support of this policy, ACPA requires that: 1. Trade names are to be avoided during presentations. 2. Presentations made at continuing medical educational activities sponsored or jointly sponsored by ACPA, in compliance with standards for accreditation by ACCME, must include: a. information regarding off-label use(s); b. all commercial or industrial funding, consulting, or equity holdings by the authors of this presentation and/or anyone related to the authors which could be affected by or could have an effect on the content of the presentation. 3. This information will be disclosed to meeting participants through printed materials and must be declared verbally by the presenter at the beginning of the presentation.
- There is a computer available near registration to verify presentations. All presenters can pay for printing at The FedEx Business Center in Broadmoor Hall.
- Plan to arrive at the session 10 – 15 minutes early.
- Plan the length of your talk according to the time allocated for your presentation.
- All presenters are required to make verbal disclosures at the beginning of the presentation and on the second slide of the PowerPoint.
- Print your presentation and notes before the session. Presenter View and slide advancers are not available.
- There is a computer available to verify presentations. All presenters can pay for printing at The FedEx Business Center in Broadmoor Hall.
- Arrive at the session 10 – 15 minutes early to load presentations before the session begins.
- Bring the presentation on a USB that is formatted for use on a PC. Presenters are responsible for uploading presentations to the laptop provided at the podium.
- For the general and concurrent sessions, there will be a discussion time available for questions after every few presentations.
- Your time allotment includes the time required (30-60 seconds) to get to the podium and open your presentation. You will not be permitted to exceed your time allotment.
- Please speak loudly and clearly into the microphone.
- For more details, visit the oral presenter guidelines.
- Poster Sessions will all be held in the International Center Foyer.
- Financial and non-financial disclosures must be easily visible on all posters.
- Presenters are responsible for set-up and breakdown. Poster boards will be available for mounting. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your session to set-up. Posters should be removed 15 minutes after the session ends.
- Poster presenters are expected to stand by their posters during the morning and afternoon breaks. Conference attendees will be encouraged to view posters throughout the day.
- Poster assignments include the poster session and day as well as the poster number. Mount your poster up on the board that corresponds to your poster number.
- For more details, visit the poster presenter guidelines.